Monday, August 27, 2012

Coyote to ClearCreek Camp near Cuba 38 miles









We left Vista de Lago in Rocky, and drove to our starting point at Coyote.  We decided not to backtrack to Abiqui, but ride from here instead, joining the designated route at 10 miles, and 2200ft of steady climbing.  We said our goodbyes to Deborah and Billy and headed down the road arriving at the start 20 min.  At the start, I noticed my wallet was missing, and started the frantic search, when Silas confessed that he hid it back at the house in an armoir!  Are you kidding me?!  He was serious!  With sketchy phone service, we were able to call Deborah to confirm that the prank was true. You can imagine the trouble he was in!  Fortunately, Sarah was there to the rescue!  She headed back to the house, meeting Deborah half way up the washboard road to retrieve my wallet while Daren and I started our journey.  With some relief we started climbing, but with so many days off, I had a hard time.  My heart wasn't in it today even though the scenery was beautiful.  Lots of forests and streams lined the way.  Maybe it was the 28 miles of steady climbing to ClearCreek that kept the life from returning to my legs!
Not much else to report on this ride.  We had a screaming downhill to the camp for a mile which I new I would be climbing the next day.  I just hope I will be re-inspired by the next morning.


A few more pics here




No comments:

Post a Comment